Sunday, July 16, 2006

Haunted Houses

I was reading through my comments and realized a few other bloggers lived in haunted houses and liked to watch shows about hauntings like I do. Jen at A Good Cup of Coffee said she once lived in a haunted house and blogged about it. I will have to check this out. Beck at frog and toad are friends, also made a reference to living in a haunted house. I lived in a house here in Hawaii for a few years that we believe may have been haunted. I say believe because once you have things happen in your house, you actually don't know what to think. My husband came down the stairs one day with an unusual look on his face. I asked what was wrong and he said that while he was lying in bed a little thing like a bubble was traveling around the border in our bedroom. He said he kept looking to see if it was light from the window or something and he was afraid to move, since he didn't know what the heck it was. I said "Oh you mean an orb?" He asked what was that because he never believed in any of this stuff. I told him I am not sure what it really is but there are a lot of theories. Anyway, my daughter came to visit many months later. She has always been one to sleep alone. While she was here she kept trying to get Vanessa to sleep with her in the room (Vanessa didn't make it too long because Kira is a loud snorer.) When my daughter was getting ready to leave, she said that she was trying to get someone to sleep in there with her because when she went to walk in that room one day, there were little bubbles (the orbs again), streaking across the room and it really frightened her. I told her what my husband had seen and that really freaked her out. A few months later I went to drive my daughter to her volunteer job at the Humane Society, and when I got home I went to go into the bathroom and it was locked. I know it wasn't locked because I was the last one to leave the house after using the bathroom and I always leave the door open. I thought maybe I did lock it, but why would I. When the kids all got upstairs they were calling to me that all the room doors were locked up there from the inside. I am a freak about people leaving doors open and I always check the house before I leave so I really don't know what to make of all this. This has nagged me for awhile and my instinct tells me this is unusual. Now we live two streets down in a bigger house and we have only had one incidence. Again it seems to like my husband. He was walking down the hall late at night to our room and he was saying "Brandon what are you doing up?" The next thing I hear a door close and he comes into bed. He told me he saw Brandon in the hallway, but he just disappeared. He went to check Brandon's room and there was Brandon fast asleep. Everyone else was already in bed so we figured it was another incidence. What do you all make of this? Does anyone know of any good blogs about these kind of things. I watch all the same stuff as Jen, The Travel Channel's Most Haunted, and Sci Fi's Ghost Hunter's, etc. Are there any other great channels you all watch? Excuse the "You All," I use it a lot since we were stationed in Oklahoma for 6 years and it is something I picked up and never let go.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I JUST READ THE HAUNTED HOUSE PART....I LOVE THINGS LIKE THIS.....I MEAN LOVE THEM...I HAVE STAYED IN HAUNTED HOUSES BEFORE....THE MYRTLES PLANTATION IN ST FRANSCIVILLE, LA....I COULD TELL YOU ALL KINDS OF STORIES...GO TO THIER WEB PAGE....PRETTY COOL. NEW ORLEANS IS REALLY HAUNTED TOO...LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU FIND OUT,..I REALLY WANT TO KNOW.
JEN

Anonymous said...

Doo doo doo doo

Doo doo doo doo

Sung to the tune of the "Twlight Zone."

gadgets and apps

So many cool things for the older generation...not that I am that old yet....but can they please get names that don't make the older pee...