Friday, August 04, 2006

Going to the library....and we're gonna have a party

Of course this can mean, going to my closet, where the library actually is. I have a book case full of books in my room and another one in my wall unit. How many of you have made a personal library up over the years? Obviously I like to read. I mostly read fiction but have been known to read almost anything. I also have a magazine obsession, but that's for another time. I'm writing about books today because my sister has started a new book blog that is kind of like a virtual book club. So if anyone is interested and wants to check it out go over to the written word. This sounded like fun to me. Of course it may mean buying more books, which it's obvious I don't need, but what the hay. You can never have too many books. My hubby always asks why I keep buying books since I have so many, and I tell him books are a necessity, I put them under the heading of education. Kind of like food, clothing, shelter , and education (books). My daughter Vanessa has seemed to also inherit this obsession. Now I have it, my mom has it, my sister has it, and who know's who else in our family has it. Maybe it is a disease of some sort. I am sure we all are emotionally attached to books. I was reading over at Mad's House and she says that she once had an apartment fire and was thinking about all her books being burned up. How awful was that. I really think something like this might throw me over the edge. My other obsession of course is reality tv. What can I say except, I LOVE BOOKS! Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

mom of 2 said...

I don't have a book obsession, but my 8 year old daughter does. Every time we go to garage sales she buys all the books she can. I like to go to the library!! I love anything that's free!!

Stephanie said...

I have a feeling Leah is headed down that path too - she loves to go to the bookstore!

Anonymous said...

Mom said.... I have lots of books in my closet. Your sister has lots of books on her book shelves. You are the winner.

gadgets and apps

So many cool things for the older generation...not that I am that old yet....but can they please get names that don't make the older pee...