Saturday, September 23, 2006

3 day break from blogland

I just wanted to let you all know that on Monday evening I will have surgery on my wrist. Nothing too traumatic, just a one hour surgery to place a small 1 1/2 inch plate in my wrist so that my one little floater bone will stay stabilized. The good news is that I will only wear a splint that goes to my elbow for two weeks. It is removable so no more showers with my one arm sticking out. After this I will need a sling, but basically I will be using my hand just a little over two weeks out of surgery. We decided this would be a lot better than 7 more weeks in a cast up to my shoulder. Please send prayers and good thoughts my way. I will be checking all your blogs as soon as I can because I really enjoy reading about you all and your families. I know you have told me I should rest and not comment so much, but basically I enjoy commenting a lot that one broken wrist just ain't gonna stop me. I will be online up until Monday morning and probably not again until Wednesday because they want me to rest up, but I am going to let the kids and hubby (who flies home tomorrow) wait on me so I can enjoy my blog time. Thanks again for thinking of me and I'll chat with you all soon.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Bless your heart....you let the family take care of you 100%. Do you here me????? I will keep you in my prayers.....I wished I was there to cook you something....
Jen

Anonymous said...

Sending prayers your way! I agree ~ let your family take care of you!! Hugs:)

Sandra said...

I will be thinking of you Chris and I'll say a prayer too.

Remember to get loads of rest and let your family pamper you :)

Wish I lived closer, I would come keep you company LOL Hey, we could read blogs together LOL

Have a great day,
Hugs,
Sandra

Linda said...

Thanks for your sweet comment on my post Christina. I will certainly be praying for you. As soon as I have timt this weekend, I'll add you to my links and Bloglines so I can keep in better touch (this is always a major deal for me - very nervous-making doing anything with my template).
I know you will be blessed if you do decide to sponsor a child through World Vision. They are such an honorable organization. Their website is www.worldvision.org.
Keeping you in my prayers,
Linda

gadgets and apps

So many cool things for the older generation...not that I am that old yet....but can they please get names that don't make the older pee...