Sunday, September 24, 2006

It's not rocket science exactly

I was at the store last week and this oxiclean laundry ball caught my eye. I debated on buying it, but in the end I decided to give it a try. I was thinking that not having to put detergent in my washing machine would be just one more step I could miss. It consists of a hard ball of detergent that you put inside a soft ball that has holes in it and releases the detergent into the laundry at the rate of just enough to clean a load. All together the ball does 25 loads. Another plus is you leave it in the bottom of your washer all the time. So far so good. It really seems to be working and my clothes have come out nice and clean. Hubby got back from school last night and I decided to share my enthusiasm for the laundry ball with him. After explaining what it does and how it's supposed to work, he looks at the ball, puzzled, and says "how does the ball know how much detergent it's supposed to release?" I'm thinking "who cares," but I say "how am I supposed to know, I didn't invent the thing, I'm just using it in my washer." I told him if he really has a burning desire to know the answer to this, he can call 1-800-oxiclean and ask them. What do I look like, a rocket scientist?

9 comments:

Linda said...

That's cute. With as many loads of clothes as you must have to do in a week, I'm with you. As long as it works, who cares how. But I do wonder....
Time to go work on the sunday puzzles.

Jen said...

Good luck tomorow...I'll be praying for you....I'll look for you sometime on Wednesday...hang in there.
Jen

Anonymous said...

I've seen that thing on tv (I can't stand the way the guy yells!)I wondered the same thing as your hubby...
Saying prayers for you today and that all goes well:)

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

That is SO cool! I totally want one! I end up scooping a scoop of Oxi into every load anyhow!

Good Luck with the surgery!

mom of 2 said...

I've seen commercials for that thing. My question is how does it know when to stop releasing detergent so that the clothes get rinsed? Guess I'll have to call!!

donnell-and-dawn's-tribe said...

I hope you are doing ok!!
And I am so buying one of those. I think Kira needs one also as much as your grandchild loves dirt.

Sandra said...

LOL hubby's always ask the best questions don't they???

I might have to look into that ball myself, that would help a lot :)

Hope you're feeling better and good luck, will be praying for you :)

Hugs,
Sandra

Looney Mom™ said...

I had one or two of those. I'm not sure how or if they actually worked...

Jen said...

How did the surgery go??????
jen

gadgets and apps

So many cool things for the older generation...not that I am that old yet....but can they please get names that don't make the older pee...