Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Homemade gift idea exchange

Hop on over to Kisses of Sunshine and check out the awesome post she has done for Christmas. All the gifts that she posted are awesome and check out the links to the other peoples blog's and see what they have come up with. I love the idea of giving gifts from the heart or using our God given talents to create something for the people in our lives. Here is my idea. It's not super original and someone may have the same one, but I love it. One year at my sons Karate Christmas party his friends mom handed me a homemade gift bag filled with their own peanut brittle. Now I have never tried peanut brittle but I think I could find a recipe for it. I thought this was a very touching gesture. She told me every year she creates gift bags and her husband makes the peanut brittle and they hand it out to friends and family. Everyone loves this so much that friends ask every year when Christmas rolls around if they are making their peanut brittle this year. Anyone else with a great idea can go over and post their link at kisses of Sunshine.

5 comments:

Linda said...

That is a good idea. I don't think there is anything more appreciated than a homemade gift.

Barb said...

Peanut brittle is easy peasy to make. And waht a nice gift it would make because honestly, people never make things like this for themselves. I think it's a great idea.

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Oh man I love love love peanut brittle. I'm too afraid to make it on my stove though (ceramic top.. the only thing that can damage it is boiling sugar.. grr) so I'll probably make white chocolate candy cane bark instead.. also yummy.

Hugs

Julie

Ms. Kathleen said...

This is an awesome idea. I make fudge and my sister makes homemade caramels. I love peanut brittle! Great idea and you are so right! It is a very nice gesture.

Jen said...

I love brittle too.....Scott on the other hand...fantasizes about it....ha ha.....my neighbor pays someone every year on his birthday to make him a shoe box full......he always has it all eaten by Thanksgiving...his birthday in Nov 14th....great idea

gadgets and apps

So many cool things for the older generation...not that I am that old yet....but can they please get names that don't make the older pee...