Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Lefty or Righty????

How many people think you are born one or the other? I used to think so, but now I am not sure. Since I broke my wrist, I have developed my left hand into something totally usable. I never could write lefty, or hammer a hammer lefty, or anything else lefty. Over the past 2 months I have noticed my writing is almost exactly like my right hand and I am now favoring my left even though I am getting use back of the right. Even on the computer I now have the mouse on the left side and don't feel comfortable putting it back on the right. How normal is this? I was just pondering this today. Most of you are probably thinking "that girl needs a life." My kids just chalk it up to "more stupid things that amuse mom." What do you all think? Is it learned or inborn, or is it inborn yet can be changed?

2 comments:

donnell-and-dawn's-tribe said...

I put up pics

Ms. Kathleen said...

I am a righty all the way -- I had to have surgery on my right hand once and for the life of me I could not use my left hand. I just couldn't no matter how hard I tried. My sister on the other hand who is left handed broke her left wrist and had surgery and used her right like she was born right handed.

What is weird though is that when I shoot a gun (I only shoot targets not critters) I am left handed. I do not for the life of me know why. I think it might have something to do with being left eye dominant.

gadgets and apps

So many cool things for the older generation...not that I am that old yet....but can they please get names that don't make the older pee...