Thursday, November 16, 2006

Thursday 13-13 things that make me happy

I had to copy of Susanne and do this list since I thought it was a great one for today.

#1. My son Brandon (14) who was awarded the Excellence in Teen award at the Teen Center last night. Every year they pick a teen who strives to make a difference in community and attitude. This was a proud moment for me and his dad.

#2. My hubby who allows me to buy anything I want whenever I want it. I don't take advantage of this, but it's nice to know he works so hard so I can do this.

#3. The library

#4. Books

#5. coffee

#6 CoffeeMate french vanilla creamer

#7. So many new blog friends and so many great blogs.

#8. Reality tv, sitcom tv, drama tv, TV!

#8 The Dallas Cowboys (especially when they are trying to take the NY Giants #1 slot.

#9. Amazon.com

#10. strawberry shortcake

#11. My Jacuzzi

#12. Having a great church with a great youth pastor who gets the teens involved and helps them to find the joy in worshipping the Lord.

#13. Christmas. I love Christmas

8 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Christina, I was right in the middle of commenting when blogger took a break - so I'm back.
As I was saying...I enjoyed your whole list. Congratulations to your very special son. You have every right to be proud. That is a wonderful award.

Pamela said...

Christina, tell your wonderful son "congratulations"! Wow! What proud parents you two must be! Whoo hoo!

It is so refreshing and uplifting to know that there are young men like your 14 year old son who are polite, courteous, and are making a difference in our society and communities! One day all those other kids will look up to your son and call him boss, as that is what leaders are made of...great job! :)

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Those are AWESOME! and what a proud moment indeed! WTG!!!

Jen said...

Strawberry Shortcake sounds really good right now...loved your 13 things.

Kate O'Brien said...

We share a lot of the same things. I too am a coffee lover!

mom of 2 said...

That's a great list! Congratulations to your son! That is so awesome!!

Go Cowboys!!!!!

Lori said...

Oh boy do we have a lot in common. I love coffee and coffee creamer (French Vanilla) and sweets of any kinds.

Barb said...

What a nice list, Christina. And congratulations to Brandon. I can just imagine what a proud moment it was for you and your hubby. It's so encouraging to run across a boy his age who's already trying to make a difference. That's a sure sign of some great parenting!

gadgets and apps

So many cool things for the older generation...not that I am that old yet....but can they please get names that don't make the older pee...