Saturday, February 10, 2007

How stupid am I?

Today we are going to watch the Pro Bowl. The Pro Bowl is huge in Hawaii. The players come in, the players spend money, and the players go out. Everyone and their brother watches or goes to the Pro Bowl. I have never gone even though I can see the stadium from my house. I am too cheap to buy tickets that are not in the nose bleed section, so I'd rather be able to see the game than not. Yesterday my son came in from the Teen Center and said "are you going to watch the Pro Bowl tomorrow?" I said I am not going to watch it tomorrow because it is not on until Sunday. He then informed me that the Pro Bowl is going to be played on Saturday instead of Sunday. So I ran to my computer insisting this was not true and lo and behold the Pro Bowl was listed for Saturday. Now how you can live in Hawaii, down the block from the stadium, and not know what day the Pro Bowl is being played on is beyond me. Well I'm not the only dummy. Last night my friend Tracey knocked at my door and when I opened it she stormed in and said "I am so mad.....Did you know the Pro Bowl is on tomorrow." I told her I just found this out myself. She said that Saturday she had planned on going to the movies and that her husband had to work until she heard the Pro Bowl is being played. From what she found out people complained about it because they didn't like the idea they had to go to work the next day, so the day was changed from Sunday to Saturday. So today I am watching the Pro Bowl. If not for my son telling me I would of tuned in tomorrow after church, so thanks Brandon.

9 comments:

Linda said...

I didn't know either. We go to church on saturday evening, and I didn't tape it. Oh well - he got to watch the last four minutes. My bad!!

Barb said...

Guess what? It's Sunday and at 3 o'clock this afternoon I asked Rob why he wasn't watching the pro bowl. Seems he watched it yesterday while I was at David's Bridal helping my daughter try on wedding gowns. So no, you're not stupid. Because if you are, so am I.

:-)

Pamela said...

While it all makes good sense to have the Pro Bowl on Saturday rather than Sunday, I bet a ton of people missed it! I know we did! Why they have to always be changing things up is beyond me! Glad Brandon was on top of things and you got to watch. That is something that you live so close!

Have a Day! :)

Sandra said...

I must be the dumbest one on earth then because I NEVER know when any major sport things are going on, look at that I don't even know their names I just call them Sport Things LOL

Laurie said...

I never pay attention to sporting events its just not "my thing." I always have to ask my hubby who's in the superbowl, or world series ~ see I don't pay attention!!

*~*Cece*~* said...

Ok, I'm not a sports lovin' chick so forgive me for asking, Is the Pro Bowl a football game?

Lori said...

No Valintine's day post? Just kidding, I remember reading how you don't care for it.

Looney Mom™ said...

Well I missed it altogether so at least you got to watch.

Eden said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Christina!! I'm not big on TV sports. I like watching them live!! Have an awesome day!

gadgets and apps

So many cool things for the older generation...not that I am that old yet....but can they please get names that don't make the older pee...