Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Smoothie issues


Can you actually have smoothie issues? In my house you can. We love smoothies,we love them so much I am surprised I haven't gotten a job at Jamba Juice yet. In fact so far today I have made 7 smoothies. Yesterday I made 15. My daughter loves mango, I love strawberry, Jr. loves banana, Damian will eat any kind and so will Brandon. We rely on smoothies all too much. Last night I had a town meeting. I was running late. My 4 year old was hungry. What do you think I said? "Do you want me to make you a smoothie for dinner?" Of course the others came running and that is how 1 smoothie turned into 15. Today I have to go to Sam's Club to invest in 3 -5 lb. bags of fruit. Why do you think? Because 2 minutes before leaving for school Vanessa says "can you make me a smoothie?" and everyone else said "I want one too." So once again a round of smoothies for breakfast. What do you think I am having right now as I type this? You guessed it "A Smoothie!"

Anyone got any great smoothie recipes to share?

The picture up top is of Vanessa with Brenner the nice guy from church who took the pictures of her for me. That is last year at the church Christmas party. I just put it up to show my dad who took Vanessa's picture down below.

4 comments:

elizabeth embracing life said...

We have lots of smoothies here too. I am not much for creative and imaginative ones. I do hide pumpkin, squash, carrots, spinach, and other vegies in with them. Shhhh don't tell my kids. We just use lots of yogurt, blueberries, and bananas as our base and then throw in whatever. You should have a smoothie blog to share your mixtures.

Anonymous said...

I would love any wonderful smoothie ideas you have...It's funny you wrote this because with all the sickness going around, I thought I would start making them again and so I too went out to purchase frozen fruit. The only smoothie I know how to make is with vanilla yogurt, 1 banana, frozen strawberries, a few frozen blueberries, apple juice and honey. Or the peach version...just like above, minus the strawberries and blueberries and sometimes with OJ instead of AJ. I would love a mango recipe :o)

Jen said...

You need to post your recipe. I don't even know how to make one....we buy them alot. Post a recipe so I can make one.

Jen said...

I agree with Jen...I want your ideas! They must be good if your kiddos want them all the time!!

gadgets and apps

So many cool things for the older generation...not that I am that old yet....but can they please get names that don't make the older pee...