Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Katinas-Powerful-as my surfing friends would say "I'm totally stoked"


They were amazing today. They sung this song while a new video of our military was playing in the background, it was special to our church since we have so many member who are in the service. There father was a marine and now is a preacher in a church in Samoa. They gave amazing testimony, sung 2 hours worth of songs, and it was the coolest service. Our pastor is nice enough to allow us a concert every once in awhile, especially when the group has such a powerful message to share. I just had to buy the new CD "STILL" to be released on August 19th. I must say "this CD rocks." They said they wrote this song about praying for their kids over the years but were convicted realizing it was a message to share with the world, the one's we are able to be praying for, not just our families, but the rest of the world. What a nice bunch of guys and you can tell they have huge hearts for God. They showed us a clip of their kids and it was really good. Of course I was 4 rows back, I would of had to knock over my pastors kid, the youth group, and Surfing the Nations people if I wanted to get any closer. Check this Cd when it comes out, I guarantee you will be praising and worshiping for years to come.
Same song, lyrics a little bit clearer.

One more for the road:
Of course they did this one. It was one of their big hits. I love this one and it was so cool to hear it live. If you listen to the whole song it gets into their singing as a group instead of just one.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Hi Christina,
It's been awhile since I have posted a comment. Life is so busy right now. Hopefully soon it will slow down.

Anyway, I love these songs. Especially the second one. Might have to steal it from your blog and use it for a Then Sings My Soul Saturday. I'm pretty sure Tim has seen The Katinas in concert, but I haven't had the pleasure. He bought me their Christmas CD.

Have a great day.
Rebecca

gadgets and apps

So many cool things for the older generation...not that I am that old yet....but can they please get names that don't make the older pee...