Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Devils Arithmetic



This was a very graphic movie but told the stories well about the Holocaust. It was a movie based on a book that was very popular with young adults so they made a movie out of it. It is hard to watch in many parts but it shows some very brutal things that went on in the concentration camps and it teaches a young girl lessons she will never forget. Great movie for teens, and adults, who want to experience this piece of history, but for teens who are able to handle the disturbing scenes shot for this movie in order to keep it as close to reality as possible. The clip pretty much sums up the horror of this time in History so you may want to watch it when no children are around.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I tried to order this movie from our library but it is unavailable. I ordered the book and I'll try to find time to read it. I, along with my children, need to learn more about this time in history. Thanks for posting.

gadgets and apps

So many cool things for the older generation...not that I am that old yet....but can they please get names that don't make the older pee...