Thursday, January 22, 2009

Things I miss most about hubs while he's in Iraq

1. Someone to follow around the house to talk to. ( I talk a lot so that's a biggie).
2. Someone to debate (argue) with. Now my dad has taken over this one, Sorry dad!
3. Someone to talk football with (Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers) All the time and anywhere.
4. Someone to carry the huge bottle of water I refill at the shopette once a week. (I'm still tired from this one today).
5. Someone to eat my spaghetti with, even though he doesn't want to.
6. Someone to watch mindless tv with at night. You know American Idol. Supernatural, Prison Break, House, yet I digress.
7. Someone to sleep with. I hate sleeping alone especially after watching Supernatural on Thursdays. I make hubby sleep closest to the door so it will get him first.
8. Someone to change the tires on the kids dirt bike's.
9 Someone to complain to about the little thinks in life. Like the commissary is out of French Vanilla creamer. If the hubs was home he would drive to every commissary and every store to find it even after a full 12 hour work day. And that's just his first job. Just so I don't have to.
10. Someone who will take me to the book store and let me blow $100. without a doubt.
11. And someone who will take me to dinner a few times a week, even Red Lobster, no matter what the cost. (That's where the second job comes in handy.
Any way I miss you babe and so do the kids. Please print and keep this list to go over upon your return. I wouldn't want you to forget all the things I miss about you.

5 comments:

God's girl said...

Oh that is sweet. Praying for you all!
Much love,
Angela

Jen said...

Very sweet Chris. When does he come home? I know you miss him so much.

elizabeth embracing life said...

It was so nice to read that I too run and chase after my husband on teh simple things of life. I would miss many of those things too. My husband really takes good care of me.

Sandra said...

Love it Chris but I did crack up at your comment about Supernatural and making him sleep near the door so it gets him first LOL

Tanja said...

Hats off to you, Christina. I don't know how you're doing it with hubby gone and five kids at home. I hope they're taking it easy on mom! I hate sleeping alone, too. I end up staying up way past my bedtime so I'll be so weary that I can't help but sleep and not fret.

gadgets and apps

So many cool things for the older generation...not that I am that old yet....but can they please get names that don't make the older pee...