Friday, June 19, 2009

Friday Funnies


Died in Service

One Sunday morning, the pastor noticed little Johnny standing in the foyer of the church, looking at a large plaque that hung there.

After the young man of seven had stood there for some time, the pastor walked up beside him and said quietly, "Good morning, son."

"Good morning, Pastor," replied the youngster, not taking his eyes off the plaque. "Can I ask you, Sir, why are all these names listed on here?"

"Well, son, these are all the people who have died in the service," replied the pastor. Soberly, they stood together, staring up at the large plaque.

Little Johnny's voice barely broke the silence when he asked quietly, "Which one, Sir, the 8:30 or the 10?


For more Friday Funnies go on over to Homesteaders Heart

3 comments:

Debbie Petras said...

That is too cute! It's so good to laugh, isn't it?

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

That is one of my favorite all time jokes!!! I laugh every time and it's been awhile since I've read it so thank you for the good laugh.
Happy Friday
Kim

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

LOL ~I'll share that with my pastor!

gadgets and apps

So many cool things for the older generation...not that I am that old yet....but can they please get names that don't make the older pee...