Friday, September 24, 2010

My dear friend Pamela from the blog (When Good People Get Together) recommended this meme to me. I thought it was so cool that I wanted to participate. As usual I am late getting it up but I'm sure that's okay. MilSpouse Friday Fill-In gives you questions that you can fill in the answers too so that you can get to know some of the military bloggers. For more check out the blog Wife of a Sailor.
So here goes:

This week’s questions are:

  1. What characteristic about yourself has either been strengthened or weakened due to your experience as a Military Spouse? My tenacity. I have just used it recently in the move we made to WA. So many things I didn't like about my kids new school that I have been busy pushing my way in and making a difference. Weakness would have to be impatience. I don't like to be in the middle of change and that is what the military is all about. I am fine once I'm settled, I just hate limbo.
  2. What is your favorite vacation spot and why? Hawaii. I lived there almost 9 years and it was like a total vacation, in fact we will retire there. Hawaii, need I say more.
  3. If you could have any fast-food restaurant in the food court on base/post what would you pick? Chipotle's. Organic Mexican food. A healthy fast food restaurant. I am enjoying the one here in Federal Way but we don't have this on post.
  4. Where did you go on your honeymoon? Las Vegas. We were married there so I call it my honeymoon.
  5. If you could have any job in the world regardless of money, degree or experience, which job would you have and why? I don't really know. Probably some type of therapist. I like working with kids so maybe a guidance counselor in Middle school. Possibly elementary. I was at my kids school 4 hours yesterday helping put a new program into play and I totally loved being around the kids. Especially mine.

2 comments:

Pamela said...

So glad to see your post! Wife of a Sailor puts the questions up on Thursdays so we can get a bit of a head start. Did you get a chance to read any of the posts in the Mr. Linky? So many cool blogs, from spouses/significant others of sailors, soldiers, airmen, Marines, Coast guardsmen all over the place. It's great to have this type of meme - great for seeing how others deal with the same issues we have.

A lot of bloggers commented on change for question number 1 - having to deal with it, not liking it, adapting. Lack of control was another one - don't we know all about not being in control???

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Thought provoking. Very true. wedding dress sleeves Louboutin Shoes Christian Louboutin Boots Bridesmaid Dresses

gadgets and apps

So many cool things for the older generation...not that I am that old yet....but can they please get names that don't make the older pee...