Thursday, March 31, 2011

Jiffy pop the magical treat as much fun to make as it is to eat



Sometimes the Commissary carries Jiffy pop. What is it about this stuff that kids love. I remember liking to make this too and then it seemed to disappear. All of sudden it reappeared and now the kids like to make it as much as I did. I wonder if it's the fact that this small plate of popcorn turns into a big ball of tin foil. I will admit it's not my favorite tasting popcorn, we already have a carnival sized popper, but it is the most fun to make.

On a more idiotic note the Army has blocked my hubby and all his peeps from viewing any blogs over in Afghanistan so I will be posting more pics on FB. I prefer this format so I will continue to blog, but as of now I will be jamming up my FB with pics of every little thing we are doing. As my friend Pamela said "the Army is blocking blogs but not Facebook?" Go figure.

6 comments:

Mari said...

I remember loving jiffy pop when I was young. It's still fun!
The army is blocking blogs? I'll have to ask Andy if he can see mine.

Pamela said...

Check these out for cool gift ideas:

http://christmas.organizedhome.com/gifts-crafts-gift-tags/how-to-make-jiffy-pop-popcorn-toppers

Pamela said...

Wish they had one for Easter but I suppose you could make one up.

Pamela said...

If you're at all crafty, or even a beginner, there are lots of cool ideas here:

http://christmas.organizedhome.com/gifts-crafts-gift-tags

I'd really like to get busy and make some crafty gifts to have on hand. I'm going to bake goodies this Christmas as well, I swear it!

Mari said...

Christina - we actually had a Skype talk with Andy a little bit ago and he said that at his base they can still get blogs. We'll see what happens~!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I havent seen Jiffy pop in years! i used to love it! Find me on FB.
<><

gadgets and apps

So many cool things for the older generation...not that I am that old yet....but can they please get names that don't make the older pee...